Contrails ! MCR kitplane and homebuilding
This site offers some technical pages on the build of a Dyn'Aero MCR 4S kitplane, with contributions of several MCR boys
Last updates in Contrails !
- Which equipment for a cross country flight ? Which tools, which spares ?
- When tuning a radio antenna, specialists use the VSWR
Watermark PHP 6
- At last a second method of protecting your pictures with Paint Shop Pro 6...
Math formulas with HTML & CSS
- One can directly write math formulas...
- Panel lighting can be vital...
MCR 4S ground power receptacles
- The MCR 4S ground power installation...
- The IF-Team method for removing the MCR 4S canopy...
MCR 4S oleo struts
- MCR 4S oleo struts and their maintenance...
MCR 4S wetted area
- To determine aerodynamic quality...
MCR 4S cabin heat : some temperature measurements
- MCR 4S cabin heat, finally some temperature measurements
Watermark PHP 6
- Protecting one's pictures with Paint Shop Pro 6
Throttle lever stops
- Good practices that apply to any power plant...
- Bing 64 carb floats
- An undocumented failure with a Bing carburetor...
- MCR 4S Secret Archives
- For the first time Contrails ! unveils the secret plans of the IF-Team...
- MCR 4S defogging
- Not every flight is performed on a hot summer day...
- Language proficiency FCL1.028
- Brief aeronautical audio vocabulary to prepare for FCL 1.028 exam
- MCR 4S cabin heat
- Cabin heat on MCRs traditionally "works well in summer"...
- Inside a Jabiru
- Now with pictures of valves and cylinder head
- Jabiru lubrication fix #2
- A new approach to Jabiru 2200 lubrication by Marc, with new data
- MCR 4S baggage door
- Igor tells how he designed his rear baggage door
- Jabiru lubrication fix #1
- Martin shares the solution to his Jabiru rocker chamber lubrication problem
- Gabriel Consigny's MEMS autopilot project
- Official aviation weather, without personal code.
Please note the new Met'Map from Orbifly
- Tuft test video
- Excerpt of Michel Bosek's video
- So your plane is too fast ?
- Builders fly with deployed airbrakes...
- Inside a Jabiru
- Anatomy of the Jabiru 3300 engine, now in English...
- Due to the growing success of its definitions, the "Glossary" page now includes a note on intellectual property ;-)
- Jabiru spark
- An amazing picture by Lynn Matteson
- Étévé Method
- How do we check a wooden propeller ?
- Condensation trails
- What would be Contrails ! without a page on...contrails ?
- Nosemetric unit system
- Nosemetry (French pifométrie) is a universal science...
- Aircraft dollies
- Once in the hangar, our dreambirds are so clumsy...
- Ferrite bead protection
- How to ensure ferrite bead reliability
- Jab lube videos
- New videos on the Jab rocker lube experiment
- Jabiru rocker lubrication
- A Jab 2200 owner shares his findings on lubrication
- Satellite animation page in English
- An English version of the weather animation page...
- Weather page English version
- An English version with additional links...
- 914 Fuel System Testing
- R.Parigoris and W.Gutschow share their findings on the Rotax 914 fuel pumps...
- Connecting Rotax 91X mags
- Additional information on the magneto wires connectors...
- Legal mentions
- The compulsory page on intellectual property, etc...
- Connecting Rotax 91X mags
- The latest Rotax 91X engines have new connectors for the magneto wires...
- Burn, baby burn !
- Engine fluids flammability, by Ron Parigoris & Wayne Gutschow
- hPa and in Hg
- We sometimes use an altimeter in inches of mercury
- Conversion chart
- To avoid complicated calculations
- Protection of printed circuit boards
- Protecting wires soldered on PCBs
- Satellite reduction gears
- Realizations of the apogee of aircraft piston engines
- Choosing coolant
- In 2004 and 2006, Rotax issued Service Bulletins relating to choice of coolant.
Some additional information on water and glycols.
- Rotax Reduction Gear
- The element that makes the difference on the Rotax 9XX engines
- Rotax Oil Starvation
- The Rotax 9XX are very reliable, but they hate oil starvation...
- Troubleshooting stick grip wiring
- Troubleshooting a not-so-easy-to-access wiring
- Making Jabiru 3300 cowlings for RT
- Raphaël shows how he made his Jabiru 3300 cowlings
- Jabiru flywheel investigation
- On the 3rd December 2006 three Jabiru 2200 engines had their flywheel bolts replaced and re-torqued. Anton Lawrence shows the process and findings
- Aerodynamics of the radiator
- At last an English version of the basics of radiator -and finned barrel- cooling
- US machine screw dimensions
- How to find one's way in US screw dimensions and threads
- US drill bit size conversion
- US drill bit conversion chart to millimeter and inch
- Bolt locking devices
- Some modern devices, by Anton Lawrence
- Jabiru flywheel bolts
- Jabiru's SB on flywheel attachment aroused the Jabiru community. Anton Lawrence's study on the flywheel bolts answers many questions
- Jabiru's coil recall letter
- The ignition coil recall letter received in 2003 by British owners from their Jabiru dealer
- The Bosch VE Diesel injection pump
- For Diesel lovers, a remarkable study on the Bosch VE Diesel injection pump by Bricofoy.
- Air intakes
- Some basic principles to design air inlets that really work.
- Jabiru ignition coils
- Jabiru recently recalled 900 faulty ignition coils under warranty
- Aerodynamics of radiators
- At last some pictures to complement the "Radiator Aerodynamics" page
- Glossary of aeronautical terms
- Definitions of terms used in Contrails !
- Firewall penetration
- How to ensure gas and flame-proof penetrations for wires and cables
Building and flying Dyn'Aero's MCR 4S kitplane
From 2001 through 2004 I've been involved with Igor Fedoriw in the
building of a Dyn'Aero MCR 4S four seater kitplane. It is a two man
Among other tasks I've been in charge of the electrical
circuit and radiator duct optimization.
The MCR 4S project first flew in November, 2004. It has been tested up to FL 145 at temperatures ranging from -14°C to + 37°C with very good results.
The MCR 4S was ferried to it's homebase in March, 2005
The aircraft performance is outstanding.
November 24th 2004
First flight at Dijon-Darois
The flight tests have been successfully completed.
The paperwork is done and we are waiting for the Civil Aviation certificate of registration.
September 24th 2005
The certificate of airworthiness has just arrived. Our MCR 4S project is now fully registered.
What's to be seen on Contrails !
Contrails ! covers numerous aspects of homebuilding, which might interest many hombuilders, whatever their project.
A few examples :
MCR electrical circuit
Designing one's electrical architecture, choosing wires, protecting circuits, practical wiring.
MCR 4S instruments
Installing fuel-flow, radio and GPS, antennas, coaxial.
See Manuel Bonniot's article on the Dynon EFIS.
MCR engine cooling
Aerodynamics of the radiator, cooling drag, wind-tunnel optimization of an MCR 4S air inlet diffuser, etc.
Your feed-back is most welcome !
To learn more
View a short takeoff of the MCR 4S at Gap Tallard (LFNA 1986 ft), February 2005.
To learn more about Dyn'Aéro MCR aircraft
English pages coming soon
Contrails ! is still mostly in French for some time.
I'm busy translating one MCR page after the other, so check back soon !